Wednesday, October 15, 2014

GT Expo projects are GO!

Today students were paired and assigned a dinosaur to research. They were given a checklist with due dates, a copy of the rubric, and a spec sheet on which to record information. I also gave them a note for their parents and an explanation of the items on the checklist. I did not give them full directions for every part of the project so as to not overwhelm them. For now they are gathering information. The items on the spec sheet should be viewed as minimum amounts of information needed to complete the project. The more they learn and are prepared to share, the better. In the coming days we will discuss in greater detail note taking and research. Next week we will get into using the information they gather to make models etc. for their presentations. If you have any questions, please let me know.

I will post the documents that I gave to the students in the links to the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment